I have noticed some changes to WordPress over the last few weeks, and the platform as a whole is starting to frustrate my life. Because I definitely need more frustration in my life, especially when I have 3 different blogs.
The first thing I noticed is that many posts have 2 different links to the blog. Meaning, at the very top of the page, instead of one link to the blog’s website, there are two different links (you will see examples below). When I post a comment on these dual blog posts, it seems to go off into cyberspace and does not show up on that blog.
Problem #2. Is there a Blog-Post Webstore somewhere that I am not aware of? I see the same exact blog post being posted by numerous different bloggers. The example I show below, of 6 identical posts, is 6 identical posts out of the 30+ of this post that I counted this morning.
Do people not write their own blogs anymore? Why are there 30+ bloggers posting the same exact post? I am honestly very curious as to what is going on, because it is frustrating when I am searching for blog posts on a subject, and I have to scroll through the same post, over-and-over again.
In the example below (and this is no offense to those bloggers who did this, I am truly very curious as to the reasoning)…. I was searching for “Editor”. Hotel loyalty posts with an “editor” tag?
What gives WordPress?
I really did not think this whole “host-your-own-blogs” thing out before I proceeded to give BlueHost a large chuck of money to move my WordPress blogs there. Not that I did not want to do this, but the timing was really, REALLY bad on my part.
- Last night was my last day of being a 3rd shift Supervisor. I am starting a new position with my company on Monday, and need to get used to working 1st shift again. I was on 3rd shift for 2 ½ years.
- Starting Monday, I will be training in above mentioned position, which I had prior to Supervising, and much has changed since then.
- I took a 2-3 hour “nap” this morning after I got home from work, knowing I had to be at a football game tonight and could not make it that late without some sleep.
- I get physically ill when I do stuff like this to my body. So I am at this moment tired, frustrated, and having pains that I only get when I pull these kinds of stunts.
- My Leadership class for my MBA started yesterday, and this professor seems to be especially detail-oriented. I mean more so than all of the other Professors I have had who have their Doctorate degrees.
- I need to get my 8th grader’s homeschooling stuff straightened out; we seem to have a disconnect between her online school database and our computer.
So, with all of this stuff going on at once, I have no idea what possessed me to just go ahead and begin switching my blogs.
On a positive note, after 2 days, I finally got the nameserver on my Books and Opinions blog to send it to BlueHost. My other 2 blogs? Not-so-well.
I am stalling on doing my discussion questions for my class which are due tomorrow. When I feel overwhelmed like this with numerous things going on at once, I tend to shut down and not take care of any of them. The smart me would do one thing at a time, then move on to the next.
I am not being smart today.
THIRD TRY on posting on this blog…….
Every time I post on this blog, it disappears when I publish it 😦 It does not happen with the 2 other blogs I run from here. I would like to say that I hope the changes WordPress made to their website would eliminate this issue, whatever it is. But since it just happened, again, I will take that as a big fat NO.
So, I am hoping these WordPress changes will not make that book I bought last year on how to use WordPress invalid. Because I was going to read it. This weekend. Really 🙂
School is winding down this week (for my girls, not me) and I hope they can behave as well as they did last year and let me sleep during the day. I also hope they do their chores and help around the house so I can lighten this load on my back a little bit.