I do not do resolutions, as for myself personally, it is almost like I am intentionally setting myself up to fail. At this point in my life, I see no need to put any more pressure upon myself than I already do 🙂
I of course have some goals I hope to achieve, mostly getting healthy (healthier), appreciating each day for the gift that it truly is, being a better Mom, a better Witness to Jesus, and a better friend.
I will continue to work on keeping my 3 blogs polished, current, and fun to read, reach for some personal goals in my career, and reach for new goals in my personal life.
May your 2015 bring you health, happiness, blessings, and answers to your prayers!
photo courtesy of Pastor Rick Warren
I (hopefully) moved all of my blog information back to wordpress.com, and am hoping for a fairly quick reply from Bluehost to refund me my money from my 3 year hosting plan that I paid, minus of course the 5 days of stress when I attempted, unsuccessfully, to use it.
For those of you that have managed to migrate your blog to a self-hosted website, I am beyond impressed. This experience was so stressful to me that I do not know that I would ever attempt it again. And that is really too bad because my control over my blog is again limited.
If you have self-hosted and found an amazing hosting site that did not find it necessary to charge $19.99 just to talk you through the process of moving your domain name, let me know. And no, I did not pay them anything to help me; it did not appear very user friendly right from the get-go.
So, after today, hopefully I can get back on track with my daily blogs, and I apologize for all the errors and non-existent webpages you were likely directed do.
Have a Happy Tuesday!
…because of a blog. Make that 3 blogs. I am having a very difficult time learning how to navigate bluehost. I cannot update any of my blogs, and I lost all of my followers.
So this is really just a test to see where this blog post goes, because I have it pointing to bluehost, but cannot access this blog anymore.
This could get real interesting, real fast…
I really did not think this whole “host-your-own-blogs” thing out before I proceeded to give BlueHost a large chuck of money to move my WordPress blogs there. Not that I did not want to do this, but the timing was really, REALLY bad on my part.
- Last night was my last day of being a 3rd shift Supervisor. I am starting a new position with my company on Monday, and need to get used to working 1st shift again. I was on 3rd shift for 2 ½ years.
- Starting Monday, I will be training in above mentioned position, which I had prior to Supervising, and much has changed since then.
- I took a 2-3 hour “nap” this morning after I got home from work, knowing I had to be at a football game tonight and could not make it that late without some sleep.
- I get physically ill when I do stuff like this to my body. So I am at this moment tired, frustrated, and having pains that I only get when I pull these kinds of stunts.
- My Leadership class for my MBA started yesterday, and this professor seems to be especially detail-oriented. I mean more so than all of the other Professors I have had who have their Doctorate degrees.
- I need to get my 8th grader’s homeschooling stuff straightened out; we seem to have a disconnect between her online school database and our computer.
So, with all of this stuff going on at once, I have no idea what possessed me to just go ahead and begin switching my blogs.
On a positive note, after 2 days, I finally got the nameserver on my Books and Opinions blog to send it to BlueHost. My other 2 blogs? Not-so-well.
I am stalling on doing my discussion questions for my class which are due tomorrow. When I feel overwhelmed like this with numerous things going on at once, I tend to shut down and not take care of any of them. The smart me would do one thing at a time, then move on to the next.
I am not being smart today.
THIRD TRY on posting on this blog…….
Every time I post on this blog, it disappears when I publish it 😦 It does not happen with the 2 other blogs I run from here. I would like to say that I hope the changes WordPress made to their website would eliminate this issue, whatever it is. But since it just happened, again, I will take that as a big fat NO.
So, I am hoping these WordPress changes will not make that book I bought last year on how to use WordPress invalid. Because I was going to read it. This weekend. Really 🙂
School is winding down this week (for my girls, not me) and I hope they can behave as well as they did last year and let me sleep during the day. I also hope they do their chores and help around the house so I can lighten this load on my back a little bit.