- Get a letter in the mail the high school sends in March, letting her know you are in danger of graduating.
- Do not let her see that letter, or mention anything about the above situation.
- Make her pay $250.00 for your cap, gown, and invitations.
- Make her spend $40.00 on stamps, and $80.00 on photos for the invitations.
- Make her find addresses and fill all of them out, and get them in the mail.
- Continue to NOT tell her there is a chance you are not graduating at all.
- Tell her on Monday, at 2 pm, that she has until 3 pm, that day, to pay $161.00 for your band camp bill, or you do not get to receive your diploma.
- Again; continue to NOT tell her there is a chance you are not graduating at all.
- Let your school counselor call her at work to tell her to get ahold of you and tell you to get to the school, or you are not graduating.
- Tell your Mom you are doing your best, but you just do not think you can get it done in time.
- Again; do not mention the letter sent to her in March that you opened and disposed of.
- Let your Mom call the school counselor 2 hours later, and have the counselor tell Mommy that they sent a letter in March.
- Let your Mom find out that you have one more assignment to do, that has to be turned in that day, but you have to work that night.
I wish I could truly express the amount, and severity, of emotions I was going through for a couple days. But honestly, I would not wish that on my worst enemy. And I have a few.
She passed her class, and she will be graduating with the rest of her class.
And I will be so happy to have the graduation done, the open house finished, and I can go on my merry way, worrying about the 2 girls I still have at home….